Sunday, March 1, 2015

I blinked.

I knew this day would come, I just didn't expect it to come so fast!
It seems like just a month ago he opened his call.
We were just barely looking up where Argentina was, what the weather was like..
Now he's leaves. He's really leaving.
Next week.

I'm excited for him to go, a mission is an incredible experience. Like none other. He'll grow so much spiritually (and possibly horizontally) I'm really excited to see his testimony before and after. Plus all the fun stories! The bonds he'll make (or not make) with compnainions! All the strange or yummy food he'll get to eat. Plus, all the lives he'll change by sharing his testimony and doing service like he always does.
There seems like there is no downside to this right?

Wrong.

I'm the downside. I'm the girl who has fallen in love with her best friend, I get to see him everyday, his face or just his voice is my favorite part of the day. His laugh, his smell, his hair, his smile, his awkward little hide-behind-the-pillow thing when he gets embarrassed. Little things about him that I love, I can't see/experience those for 2 years. Now 2 years may not seem like a very long time to some people... His family for example. They've been with him for 19 years now they don't even mind seeing him leave for a couple years.
Me, on the other hand, best friends for 4 years, bf/gf for almost 1, he can't leave now! I'm just scratching the surface of how much I can love him!
But I guess they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" well this lil ol' heart o' mine is gonna grow SO fond of him while he's gone.
I miss him already.

I can't be selfish though, he's going on the Lord's errand, so go and do the things the Lord commands you babe. I'll be waiting here when you get back.

I love you.
32

No comments:

Post a Comment