Tuesday, February 10, 2015

SYMBOLS

as I've been reading my scriptures and my preach my gospel and ensigns and general conference talks... there are symbols EVERYWHERE.
metaphors on metaphors on metaphors, hidden messages, linked messages, I LOVE IT.

Oh my goodness, it's hard to describe but I love the symbolism of everything. It's difficult to understand at first but as you get going it just gets easier!

Christ taught with symbols. Why? They are easy to understand and simplifes difficult messages.
And as I've opened my eyes to all of the many many resources of the church and they all have symbols. Again, why?

The simple truths create the foundation for our learning.
Just like we teach little kids the simple things,
i.e. Jesus loves you, Families can be together forever, articles of faith
They may not completely understand them yet BUT the more they learn and relearn and the more it becomes knowledge--it creates the basis of their testimony and they can then learn more advanced and more difficult things to understand.

When I'm in church or studying my scriptures I think, why can't everything make me feel this way? I want to always have this feeling with me, I want to ALWAYS be a disciple of Christ. But guess what? Mistakes happen and I know I'm not perfect but how AWESOME is the gospel of Christ? The Gospel, or The Atonement allows me to refocus myself and I can start again in the amazing feelings I get when I'm centered on Christ.
I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I don't know everything about it and I certainly won't for a while. But the things I do know, I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment