Thursday, January 15, 2015

energized

So I've finally been doing things right.
I've set aside time everyday to STUDY the scriptures, not just read
I pray almost as much as I breathe
I've had a goal to stay positive through as much as the day possible
and you know what?
I've never been so energized, the stresses of life just seem to slip right past me. Obviously they are there and are pressing matters, but because I've got the Lord on my side I am able to take it one thing at a time.
There's more peace in my life, I can actually take a deep breath and know that everything is going to be ok. Even when it seems like it won't be, I know it will.
I am so grateful to have been raised in the Gospel, having my parents testimonies be examples and foundations for my testimony. I know I have a testimony and it's made more evident to me everyday. I may not be sharing my testimony with every person every day, but I am sharing my smile and that's the beginning of my testimony.
I smile because I am happy.
I'm happy because I KNOW that I am a daughter of God.
I know that Jesus was the Christ, he truly lived on earth, perfectly and without ever making a mistake. I know that not only was His life an example for me, but His death. The pain and suffering He felt for me, for every person, individually. This sacrifice, this Atonement provides me with a way to feel whole, to be made pure again, cleansing my mistake making self to be my best self.
In the Book of Mormon, there's a story of the Tree of Life. It's said that it's fruits were most desirable above all other fruit and most joyous to the soul. You know what that fruit represents, to me at least? The Love of God. It's most desirable above all other feelings, most joyous to the soul. And I feel that love. And I'm happy.
So I'll share that joy, with everyone around me. With a smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment