Saturday, January 31, 2015

Back to florida

day one of my wonderful trip to Florida, I can't believe that I'm actually here! It's been almost 4 years since I was here last and that felt like an ETERNITY! Lots of old memories came flooding back and it made me miss so many people! :( I hate growing up and apart from people, I miss all the dancers I went on tour with!
This morning started very early with leaving mi casa at 3:30 AM. That's pretty early especially considering I went to bed at 1:30. Woops. Good thing I packed before this morning!
Mom and dad drive Heidi and I to the airport and they were so sad to see us leave! My cute cute parents. It's a shame they couldn't come. Matthew too! I would've loved to go to Disneyworld with him.
So, I thought our bags would be checked so I packed my brand new shampoo and conditioner, I'd only used it once. Well turns out we weren't checking them, so I had to throw those right in the garbage. That was very hard for meSs
Our first flight to Denver took off at 5:30 and luckily it was only an hour flight. Blinked my eyes.. Flight was over. Although it was pretty funny how it's so early in the morning, all Heidi and I want to do is sleep but we've got:
Man coughing up lung in the row behind us
Baby not loving the plane ride, screaming in retaliation the row next to us
And baby's father, fast asleep, snoring louder than a screamo concert.
Somehow we managed to catch a few winks in that hour flight.

We arrive in Denver! It was dreadfully cold there. I was very hungry, did not have breakfast and needed energy to keep me going I was determined to find an Einstein Bagels to get one of their cinnamon chip muffins (my favorite!) but sadly.. No Einstein's was found. So I settled for a breakfast sandwich from a bakery and got waterbottles for heidi and I. Met her at gate B33 and apparently she hadn't had water in 500 years because she guzzled that WHOLE bottle down.
We boarded the next plane to Orlando! Whoo hoo!

This plane was bigger than the previous one, so instead of just the two of us on a row it was three, which meant I had to sit by someone... Haha not terrible but I was feeling very introverted because I was so tired, I wasn't really wanting to talk to someone for five hours.
We sat down, waited for everyone to board the plane and heidi sees this guy
"Amy do you think that guy is cute?"
"Yeah.. He looks super familiar"
Then this guy sits right next me. So heidi and I burst out laughing.

After our five hour flight full of awkward sleeping positions, sudoku, scripture study, and talking to the semi cute boy (who had a potty mouth so he went down to zero on the cute scale) we landed in Orlando!!!!
Whoooo hoooo!!! Oh its so beautiful here. There are Palm trees :)

Ryan picked is up from the airport and we drove to the resort, it's the cutest little(but actually huge) place. There are so many little ponds in Florida so we keep teasing heidi that there's an alligator in every pond just waited to pounce. Hahah:)
Ryan dropped us off at the resort then went back to magic kingdom (he and his little fam were there all day) heidi and I suited up and went to one of the MANY pools. Heidi just wanted to sit in the hot tub, so.. I didn't swim for very long.
After being at the pool/hot tub for not very long Heidi wanted to go back to the room to sleep.
She took a bath then fell asleep. I was so hungry, the last time I had eaten was early early this morning. Heidi kept saying how she wasn't hungry, nope still not hungry, so I was patient, I'll wait until she wakes up and then we can go get food. Well I showered, then waited, and waited. And waited. She just kept sleeping and I was SO hungry. So a little after six I woke up heidi and said ready to eat?! She said she still wasn't hungry, what? How? She just said how thirsty she was, so I guess she is actually a camel?
So I picked to go over to the Big Kahuna bar&grill and I ordered he biggest hamburger they had. Heidi and I sat at the bar, this guy came over and talked to us for a little bit, then it was his turn for karaoke and he started it with:
"I'd like to dedicate this song to the two beautiful girls over at the bar who just got here from Utah!"
I felt so honored. Thanks Kerri for that sweet shoutout ;) haha
We walked back to our apartment, Ryan and Leah got home and the kids were so cute! "Amy! Heidi! We missed you!!"
Ryan and Leah went back to magic kingdom for a date night so we were to watch the chillins. Heidi went to go get a redbox for a movie watch with the kids. I wrestled with those very rambunctious kids and heidi was gone for a really long time... Turns out she was next door taking another bath. What?! I was so exhausted  after babysitting those two I was so ready to go to bed. But instead we watched three episodes of Chopped. Make sense right?
And that was day one in paradise.

Ps I miss bubba so much, I wish he could be here

No comments:

Post a Comment