Monday, December 15, 2014

tears and bubble baths

sometimes, when you feel the weight of everything on your shoulders. when everything seems to be piling up and you just feel overwhelmed. you cry. and that's what I did today. I didn't realize that I was so overwhelmed until after a busy day at work and an upset boyfriend vented to me. I realized that my body, heart, and mind were exhausted. physically, emotionally, and figuratively.
nothing bad happened today, it's just sometimes the world can be too much. so I came home from work, didn't eat dinner, climbed into my bed and cried.
why did I cry? I don't know, but the tears just kept coming. it felt good to cry. and I didn't want to move, or go anywhere. I wanted Carly. I miss Carly. I got a phone call from my sister, which in an angry tone I'm sure she didn't mean to offend me with made me cry harder. can I just stay in my bed for the rest of today? no. the world is not a wish granting factory. I went to FHE which was to go visit a rest home, we sang hymns and talked with them. that's raised my low spirits up a bit, but still I just felt empty. sad.
I went to Color Me Mine to pick up our mugs from the other night, and the cashier was really rude to me. why? why is there ever a need to be rude? I went the store after because I had to get a few things, I was in the shampoo aisle, and I sat down and cried. luckily no one was on the aisle because that would've been uncomfortable. so I sat there. and it felt good to be alone.
as I went to go check out, I saw my mom. she was also at the store getting a few things. I loved seeing her face, she has always been the sunshine in my life and my inspiration and I want to be just like her when I grow up. I talked with her for a bit then told her I'd see her at home.
I went home and drew myself a bath, a bubble bath. because that seemed like the perfect thing for me. in the warm water of my bubbly water, I sulked. for as long as I liked and I realized something.
It's ok to be sad sometimes, it's ok to cry. even if you don't know why, sometimes you just need that. and today was the day when I needed to cry. and to take a bubble bath. so I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment