Sunday, November 16, 2014

man on a mission

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
And as a member of this church, young men and women are invited and encouraged to serve a mission to share the gospel with people all around the world.

Young boys starting at the age of 18 are privileged to serve for twenty-four months, the young girls starting at the age of 19 serve for eighteen months. Girls are not required to go but it is expected of the boys, but in the end--it's still your choice whether or not to go.
I've been toying with the idea for over a year and a half. Yes I want to go, no I don't. Yes I should, no I shouldn't. It's quite possibly the hardest decision of my whole life.

But I'm absolutely thrilled to tell you that my favorite person, Michael Lunt, didn't second guess his decision from when he was little to go. He got his call last Wednesday. And he'll be serving in the:

Buenos Aires, Argentina West mission

Whoooo!! Yay missions! He wanted to go Spanish speaking, and that little lucky duck got just that.
He leaves March 11, 2015 which seems SO far away but it'll be nice getting all the Visa stuff figured out before then. Plus that's four more months I get to spend with him.
I'm pumped for him, seriously I WANT him to go. Being the girlfriend, sometimes people assume I don't want him to go or I'm spiralling into a deep pit of despair. No! He needs this, he was born to do this! How on earth could I hold him back from doing this incredible thing and serving the Lord, whom we both love? That's just silly. He's going! I can assure you that.

But the more I think about it, the more I think "Man. I really am going to miss him."




































Who knew that little boy I met in seventh grade would turn out to be my best friend? Then when I eventually fell in love with my best friend I was lucky enough to find out that he already loved me! Every single part of me--the goods AND the bads. It's hard to understand why he'd love me in such a complete way but I think it's because I love him just the same. We love to share smiles, laughs, tears, and tickles. It was fun being his best friend but even more fun loving him. So to me, he's basically my everything? Two years is a long time but if I'm waiting for Michael Thomas Lunt then I'd say it's worth the wait.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment