Monday, November 10, 2014

Gone too soon

 My coworker Jen was 28 weeks pregnant when unexpectedly she lost the baby.
 Jen and Zac, the parents of Alexis were very hopeful days after. But they had many days to grieve.
 The funeral was absolutely perfect, the number of people that came had never met Alexis but it showed how many people love and care for Jen and Zac and came to support them. The two pallbearers of this teeny tiny casket were her grandpas.
 After the ceremony, we let go of pink and white balloons, saying goodbye to the sweet spirit we didn't get to know yet.
 I can't imagine how these two must have felt but they did have each other. And I'm sure that their relationship has grown since this heartbreaking trial.
Jen grew up LDS but no longer lives that way. and Zac doesn't have religion. Although this was a very tender and sad experience something Jen said gave me hope for the two of them, because I know she has a testimony by what she said,
"Yes it's sad that I'll never get to raise my baby girl, or see her grow up, but I know I'll get to see her again! It's hard now because I want her with me but I know she is here with me and there is a reason why she isn't. There will be something later on in my life that I won't be able to do it without her and she'll be there with me. I can feel her now. I know that I'll see her again"

 Our whole office left work to go support Jen, and I think we're more than an office. We're a family.
 Especially the girls.
 About a week after the funeral Jen came into work to visit us, she told us that they had found out why she passed and it helped put her at ease knowing it wasn't her fault and there was nothing she could do. She also brought in this shadow box for Alexis. The dress, the diapers, the hand and feet molds everything was so tiny. She showed us the picture taken of Alexis Joy Daniels and she was absolutely beautiful.

Some things we go through in life, we don't want to go through but we have to realize that it's for a reason. God doesn't make us go through rough times just for the heck of it. There's a purpose and we just have to have the strength to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment