Sunday, October 5, 2014

Copycat?

Once upon a time, I had a cousin. A girl. Making it a competition between the two of us. She's been favored by my grandparents for quite some time because there was a bond made when they lived in the same house. Which is fine. My grandparents like me and I like the relationship I have with them. They just don't worship me like the way she does.
So I've just done my own thing. She did her own thing. I danced. Did pageants. And I did my life long dream of being a dental assistant. She did soccer.
So, recently I got my DREAM job. I got hired at Graf's Orthodontics! His office is the reason why I wanted to go into dental. I said to my young adolescent self "I want to be one of those girls when I grow up" So I found my way into the dental field. And finally got into the ortho field. Which inspired me in the first place! So whoo hoo!
So, I recently learned something. About my darling cousin.
She.. is going to do a pageant. um ok WHAT? No, you are not the pageant type. What is your talent? Juggling a soccer ball? Why why why why did you want to do this? Oh man, if she wins I would NEVER hear the end of it. NEVER
Ok, fine she's going to do a pageant. Good for her I can be civil.
Then I learned, she's going to MATC for Dental Assisting. WHAT?! No! I did that. I did it first. I did it TWO years ago, how dare you try to beat me at my own thing. You have NEVER showed ANY interest in dental before, why now? Huh? WHY
Ok, that's fine I will be nice. I'll help her out. Answer any questions she has. I can be nice.
Well, I was talking to my grandma today and she that my sweet darling cousin, is going to hours and hours of school for dental at college and she's only a senior. And I said, yup. I did that. Two years ago. And then grandma said, well I mean what is it that you do? You're an assistant. Because I think she wants to work at an Orthodontist office.
NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! LISTEN HERE SISTER YOU HAVE TO STROP TRYING TO BE ME. I am the one who does pageants, I am the one that went college while in senior year of high school, I wanted to do dental and did dental first, and I wanted to go into an Ortho office WAYYYYYY before you. OK STOP TRYING TO BE ME.

Ok that's all. Just needed to get that out.
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. So she just wants to be like me right?



No. She's still in competition mode.
And I'm not about to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment