Thursday, December 19, 2013

What a week

Monday: Matthew goes to ER
Tuesday: Dad has surgery
Thursday: Mom has surgery 

With those three things.. I have the right to be exhausted!! And I am!
I've been the babysitter this week and wowwww. I have gotten a small glimpse into what motherhood is like.
Tonight was spent at the hospital wih my mom. She was so darling when she was still a little loopy but then later when I saw her in so much pain it just broke my heart! I felt so helpless! I did everything I could do to help her but her crying was just too much for me. I just wish I could take her pain away, I'd take it if she didn't have to have it. But I can't take it away.. I can only be there for her every step of the way.

The only thing good about this week was Wednesday. Because I went to dinner with Myles and Rem. We went as a late birthday celebration for me but it was more like half birthday half goodbye. Because they're both leaving on their missions in the next little bit.
Myles: January 1st
Remington: January 15th

It was so fun being with them again. The three of us just had a ball ;) those two are just about as rare as they come. If I could raise sons like them I would consider myself a good mother. Man I'll miss them
(Here are some pictures, sorry the lighting in Outback is AWFUL--also they're pretty much all blurry but oh well)
Definitely the highlight of my birthday:) Just disregard that it was last week.

And then AFTER Outback I had the thrilling opportunity of seeing Bubba in a tantrum. He was very frustrated with a jacket he was sewing for a class. I'd never seen him so sassy, but I just thought it was funny. So of course as the best friend I had to change his bad mood. So a little swish of my magic wand and some tickles he was fine:)
Anyway. I'm tired and am going to bed. Sweet dreams everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment