Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The end of 2013

Someone hates me. Because this morning my phone alarm went off at LEAST ten times! And I know that I didn't set them!! So anyway...
My body is in so much pain today. Yesterday the 3 youngest Dymock children went to the gym. While Heidi flirted with a trainer Matthew and I started with legs. Once our legs were good and burning Heidi decided to join us. Then she made us do a jillion squats and lunges with weights with our already burning legs! Yeah, ow! 
Then Matthew and I wanted to do arms... But Heidi wanted to go. Since we all came in the same car--we had to do what she wanted to do. But we decided to could go do arms at the gym at my apartment.
As we are walking there, guess who we run into? Armand! It was good to see him and yet there was still a little awkwardness to it. We talked for a little bit and he showed me the pictures of his new nephew Greydon (sp?) and he's just the cutest little thing I've ever seen. I wish things were back to normal with Armand, I miss our friendship a lot. I thought I was good and over him but seeing him just sparked old memories and made me a little bit sad.. But everything happens for a reason, he came in and out of my life for a reason. I just need to figure out why.
Finally Armand left and the three of us started working out again. And to make a long story short, my arms hurt!!
Also--MTL drove hom from Oregon last night. Poor guy :( that drive is the worst! And he had to drive most of the way so that's even worse! Not to mention the scary driving conditions. But worry yourselves no more, he made it home safe:)
Oh hey! Would you look at that? It's New Year's Eve! A night to parrrrrrty! And kiss someone at midnight!... Yeah... Congrats to all of you who get to kiss someone at midnight. I've never had that because I've always been at my cousins on New Year's Eve and contrary to popular belief, incest is NOT the best. So give someone a good smooch for me at midnight will ya?
I can't believe 2013 is ending... This year was a pretty big year! Lots of things happened
-I won 2nd attendant in the Miss Orem Royalty
-I graduated from Orem High School
-I graduated with a Dental Assisting certificate
-I got my first real "big girl" job  
-My dad had a huge big sick fiasco resulting in many many hospital visits, he also had two front teeth knocked out
-I moved out 
-I bought a scooter (her name is baby daisy in case you didn't know)
-I quit dance (worst mistake of my life)
-I met the hands down most perfect guy and thought I was going to get married
-I had my first "real" heartbreak
-I started dance again
-I started piano again!!
-we drove up to Oregon for Thanksgivig
-I had my first car accident
-I had my second car accident (not my fault, and no I didn't press charges on the boys who stole my car)
-I turned 19
-I got to be Santa for Christmas!
-I got a toaster for Christmas! Yay!
-I realized how much I love my best friend 

All those things are pretty crazy, and I'm sure there are loads more that I didn't out down but this year I learned. And I'll keep learning. 2014... Teach me!!

Well. With the new year I've made some resolutions. Here they are:
-Read scriptures in the MORNING
-Read ensign article every night before bed
-Go to the temple every Saturday morning
-Be on my phone significantly less (especially around people)
-Be a genuinely nice person, care about others, no gossip
-Be more optimistic
-Hold my tongue (a lot of times I'll say rude cutting remarks that hurt people)

Anyway. It's kind of a lot but I've got of improvement to do. Wish me luck!! Have fun at all your parties tonight and watch out for those drunk drivers!

No comments:

Post a Comment